HOME ALONE

Tuesday, August 14, 2018



All I could think of, if ever I'll be living alone would be - excitement, happiness, and being free. Never have I imagined for it to occur recently. Almost two months of fulfilling my definition and idea of alone, thrills me so much, I never thought of any negative connotation.



For the first few weeks, I was enjoying what is seems like to be adulthood; budgeting the expenses, cook meals, clean the house, and all sorts of chores my mom would do. It felt satisfying and challenging, that I only have myself to do such. I even felt like, 24 hours a day, was not enough. Imagine waking up early to walk the dog, cook, wash the dishes, dress myself, then off to work. Then, arrives home at almost 9 in the evening, and still deal with the same routine, I did in the morning. The routine was very tiring and it stresses me out, I just wished my mom will be home anytime soon. 

Every Sunday, I attend the mass, and there's this sadness, that fills me, instead of happiness or joy, because I can do whatever I want. But then, the opposite, hit me otherwise. I missed my family so much, who were in different places away from me. I was jealous with families who were complete during the mass. And, it made me cry, knowing I won't be with them anytime soon. 

I don't know how people on such situation, manages to handle it. All I can say is, I appreciate and salute them for being strong, especially on their low days. It is very hard to face everyday, knowing you only have yourself at the end of the day, I salute you for never giving up to this battle called life. You are an inspiration and motivation for people, who have yet to face this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top